Friday, May 18, 2012

A Guatemala Me Voy!

Hello all, I'm Jorge Juan Rodriguez V.

The photo on the right depicts my family and I.  I'm going to miss them very much this summer while I'm in Guatemala.

That's the reason I'm starting this blog! From May 29-August 11 I will be serving in Guatemala City and Quichè with an organization called AGAPE. This organization seeks to fortify communities through leadership development and I have the blessing of helping them in their mission through teaching theology. Honestly though, I consider myself a student of this community which I will humbly enter. I'm going to learn from this culture, its people, systems, environment and context -helping when I can but certainly going with a posture of humility understanding that I am a guest.

That said, I'm excited to go! When possible, I will try and update this blog with pictures and stories about what I'm doing and how everything is going. While I'm there I'd ask for your prayers: that my contact (Pastor Rick Carey) and I may have safe travels, that the community down there and this organization may continue to be blessed, that I may be safe and healthy, that I may be open to humbly take and give from this community and prayer for my family here in the States -especially my parents- that they may be comforted in this time of separation.

Thank you all and God Bless! Email me if you need anything: jorge.rodriguez@gordon.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment