Friday, June 1, 2012

De Que Me Voy, Me Voy!

It's 11:00am on Tuesday May 29, 2012. I just said goodbye to my parents who drove me down to New Haven to Union Station. I am currently on a train -destination: Newark International Airport. It's crazy to think that merely 7 months ago I was joking around about going to a different country and now I'm on a train, on my way to plane, on my way to Guatemala! I'm really excited to be going and look forward to seeing what's ahead.
I also pray for what I've left behind, namely my parents. Though people say "Oh it's just 3 months!" it's more than that for my parents. This is the first summer I'm not home, the first father's day I won't celebrate with my father, the first birthday I don't spend with my family, my first time leaving the country, and the furthest distance I've ever been from my family. Yeah it's just three months, but it's a first experience for my parents and I so if you see them, give them a hug =D.

God Bless.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment